lunes, 9 de febrero de 2015

Profile and UNIT1: Achieving Goals

Profile!!
Hi! My name is Gloria Navarro, but everybody call me: Glo or Glori. I am 21 years old.

I am originally from “La Zona de los Santos”, but I am living in Tres Rios. I am studying Business administration, and this is my Second year at ULACIT. I’m so glad because I had met new and incredible people. I would like to specialize in human resources or marketing. Recently I started to work.

About me, I can say that, I’m a sweet and sensible person, I love animals specially dogs, I have one and her name is Pinky and I love her!!






















My favorite hobby is read, I enjoy reading any kind of novel, my favorites writers are: Megan Maxwell, Alessandra Neymar, Becca Fitzpatrick, Federico Moccia, Jamie Mc Guire, Linda Howard and the list can continuous, hahaha. I try to spend my free time reading and also hanging out with my friends. Then, when I go see my family I try to spend all the time with them, because I don’t see them frequently.




I like to play Volleyball, write and I really enjoy listening to music. My favorite bands are Maroon 5, one republic; imagine dragons, Avicii. Besides I like Adele’s music, Christina Aguilera, Lady Antebellum, Ricardo Arjona, Rihanna…

I love Italian food, specially pasta and pizza.

I have 2 siblings but I’m the big sister. I love my family with all my heart. And what else can I say about me? Well, my favorite color is pink and purple, I like to sing (but I’m not good at it, and I know it hahaha)























Well this is a little bit about me!
Bye!


________________________________________________________________________


UNIT1: Achieving Goals 

Hello there.
Today I am studying about achieving goals, so I’ll look for  examples where I show you that I use it. The Idea is show that his topic can be used  on our daily activities.
During this I’m going to talk about:

- Verbs and adjectives with preposition
- Passives and perfect forms.
 - Also about new vocabulary and new expressions.

  •  In class contributions:

In this part, in class we did a lot of practice about the topics mentioned before.

One example is the use of verbs and adjectives with preposition as I am going to show here: 



The use of this is really important because there are some words that have a special clue, I mean, the correct form of write  SUCCEED or INTEREST … is by using the preposition IN. 
You’ll always see these words together because is a ruler! And there are a lot of words like these that we need to learn.

Another aspect is the perfect forms as:


Present Perfect

We usually use this tense to show an unspecified time in past
Example:  He has bought a car.

Past perfect

It is used to show two points in the past, but one before than other.
Example:  I had visited Paris twice.

Future Perfect

It is used to show a point in the future
Example: For tomorrow I will have done all my project.


These are the three perfect forms; we can use it with negative statements and questions like:


Present Perfect


Past perfect


Future Perfect

Negative: He has not bought the car.

Negative: I had not visited Paris.
Negative: I won’t have done all my project for tomorrow
Question: Has he bought the car?

Question: Had I visited Paris before?

Question: Will I have done my project for tomorrow?



Some vocabulary I learned in this UNIT was:

- Set achievable goals: this means that you set your objectives and you follow it.
- Face challenge: It means that always there will be problems, situations, but we dond have to be afraid.
- Couldn’t have done it without help: That for you do something, somebody help you
- Have the right attitude: Be positive, proactive and never give up.
- I don’t know offhand: What it means is that you know something but in a specific situation you forgot it. But the knowledge is somewhere in your brain.
- I know it by heart: It means that you have a knowledge because you memorize it.
- I haven’t the faintest idea: It means that you really don’t know something.
- Im pretty sure: Means that you know something, and you are so sure. 

This was some vocabulary and how i understood it.

  •     Out of class contributions and
  •     Grammar

In this part for improve the topics; I looked on internet for some practice about the perfect forms and the verbs with preposition, because it is vital because you have to memorize all this words. I am going to adjunct some links where I studied. .  

Present perfect
Past perfect
Future perfect

For the verbs with preposition I found a list, some examples are:


For the passive voice I looked for a review on You Tube.

  




  • Reflective section
 With this topic that I was studying, I can't deny that there was a specific aspect that made my brain runs out. This subject is the passive voice.

I mean, the topic looks easy but for me it was not. For example, the biggest challenge for me was work on long statements. (I could work on short sentences, but when I tried to do some larger or more difficult sentences, I couldn't or was difficult to me.)

I decided to improve this part by searching on the web. Doing extra practice, and watching videos. And I think it helped me.








No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario