miércoles, 18 de febrero de 2015

UNIT 2: Places and comunities


Hello there.
I am here again, just that today I will study about Places and communities, besides I´m going to talk about formal and informal language.  I’ll try to put examples of what I did in class, and some of my homework, to show the use of these topics. The Idea is, show all the possible things, to have a clear idea of this and show you again how these subjects can be use on our daily activities.
During this presentation I’m going to talk about:
- Gerunds and Infinitives.
- Formal and informal language.
- Greetings and letters.

- Vocabulary.

  •  In class contributions

The use of gerunds and infinitives are important because, it help us to communicate in a good way. There are some rules that we must follow to do a good job. These rules will appear on the next picture. 



Formal and informal language, this is very important because a person have to know how to talk to another person and not only that, if not that is important to see if is a friend or our boss, or an important person. Knowing this, we can choose a form to talk, I mean, if is a friend we usually talked in an informal way. On contrary, if is our boss we cannot talk too friendly, we need to use a formal language.

Some examples that teacher gives us in class are:




We have to take into account these greetings to incorporate it on our oral and writing production, some greetings according to the formal language are:




Other aspect is the writing production on emails, and this type of communication is characterized for use an informal and formal way to write. It is necessary to take into account few aspects like:

- Who we are going to write?
           To a friend
           To a boss
- What is the main idea of the email?
- Choose the way you are going to talk?
           Formal or informal

Some vocabulary I learned on this lesson was: 



  •     Out of class contributions and
  •     Grammar

To increase my level on these topics, I did some homework including the new vocabulary. I am going to show it:



For see some examples of the verbs followed by gerunds I searched on internet information about it, the link where I found it is:



After that, I looked for videos, on it are explained the way we can used this verbs.







Then, to practice I wrote an email, using aspects that I learned in class, For example: 


  • Reflective section

In personal opinion, those topics are really important at least in my case, because I am studying business administration and it is very useful for me. When I´ll need to write an email I’ll know how to do it. I have the knowledge due to all these classes. Although it is important that everybody has this ability.  


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario