domingo, 8 de marzo de 2015

UNIT 4: Moving Forward



Hi!!

Today I am going to study about Unit 4: Moving forward, it’ll include the future probability, new vocabulary like arrangements, and the future forms.
I will write about the grammar, that is convenient in our daily use when we want to express something that we think it will happen on the future, also I’ll write about vocabulary that can be used in an I’ll try to put examples of what I did in class, and some of my homework, to show the use of these topics. I hope to show all the possible things, to have a clear idea of this.

During this exposition I’m going to talk about:
- Future probability
- New vocabulary
- Future forms
  • In class 


This was an activity we did in class, for discuss about how much we knew, this activity was cool, because we could talk and show the things we knew about superheroes. Then we check our answers.

Future probability.
This topic is used when we want to talk about when we think something will happen in the future, when we totally are sure that something will definitely happen, maybe happen or it it is impossible to happen. The next phrases are used according to the probability:


 There are different sayings. For example:

This phrase mean that you will do something or that something will definitely happen: “Are bound to”

The next three phrases means that there are a big chance that something will happen: “Fairy good chance”, “Destine possibility”, “There is every likelihood”

The next saying means that there is a little possibility that something happen: “It is doubtful that”, “There is a very little chance”, “The odds are against”

And of course there are some terminologies to express that something won´t happen like: “No chance of”, “Don’t stand a chance” 
  
Vocabulary: arrangements


This vocabulary is important because is used in different situations, which we can use daily. 

Future Forms:
In this part there are three tenses we normally use.
The simple future: in this is commonly use: “will”, it is used when I take a prompt decision or when there are evidence that something will happen. On the other hand there is the use of “going to”, it is used when you had already planned something and it will happen.

Future continuous: it will express that something will happening in a period.

Future perfect: it will be used for something that will be finished before a time in the future.


After that, we did some practice about the use of will, future continuous and future perfect.  It because is important that we can recognize when we need to use each them.



  •          Out  of class
  •     Grammar
For this part I tried to improve the vocabulary and I practiced using it in different context, for example:



It is a vocabulary that we use every day and you must know what it means.

I looked some information about future tense, so I found a cool page that has the enough information, examples and more. Then I will put a link where you can play a game and practice at the same time.  


Link with the information: 

In the next link you’ll find a game where you can practice the future tense, it is funny and with examples that will help us.



Also, there are a video that can explain us better how it works 




  •      Reflection

Like I had been told you before, these topics and the others are very important.. Now, with future tenses we can organize plans, predict something.

For example this unit is about moving forward, and let me told you that two of my dreams are: study and work abroad, so I will travel to make my dreams come true. There is a strong possibility that I’ll go and realize my practice abroad with one of the programs that ULACIT offer.

Like you can see, I’m using future terms, for say something that in whichever moment someone can ask me. That’s the reason why we need to know the correct vocabulary and the correct tense, to express what we want.    

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario